Get E&O weekly. | Subscribe | Digital health research from Brian Dolan.
Welcome to E&O.
Last week's newsletter had a doubly lucky 77 percent open rate. Here's what's happening this week:
- Your editor has been waxing nostalgic on Twitter about digital health semantics (pre-2008 to present) with appearances from Golden Oldies like uHealth, wireless health and more.
- Livongo went public this morning at $28 a share, higher than its already upgraded share price range. Health Catalyst also IPO'd today.
- The American Telemedicine Association announced Partners HealthCare's Dr. Joseph Kvedar is its new president-elect.
- FiercePharma pointed out that Pear Therapeutics' insomnia and depression DTx, Somryst, appears to be its first effort to go to market without its pharma partner Novartis. Will Pear go solo with that one?
- Finally, STAT resurfaced the important issue of wearable device